Become a Kula for Karma Volunteer Yoga Instructor
Volunteers are at the very heart of Kula for Karma's mission and work. For over a decade, our volunteers have been on the front lines, bringing the healing benefits of yoga and meditation to at-risk and special-needs populations. We could not do what we do without you.
As a volunteer yoga instructor for Kula, you will become part of a diverse network of dedicated teachers who give back their passion, skills, knowledge, and expertise to help others and make a positive impact on the world. Our volunteers are diverse in age, location, shape, life circumstances, and so forth — and they are united in a shared desire to give back the healing benefits of the practices they have learned.
Before applying to be a volunteer instructor, please read through the information on this page to gain an understanding of the requirements and benefits. To access our volunteer application, click here:
Benefits and Perks
- Making a difference: We hear again and again from our volunteer instructors that they find their biggest rewards in the work itself, in seeing the positive impact they are able to have on the lives of people in need.
- Community: Kula for Karma's extended network of volunteer instructors form a loving community of support not only for students and patients in our programs, but for one another. We periodically come together both virtually (online) and in person to celebrate our teachers, and build our Kula!
- Education: We are committed to supporting you and all our volunteer instructors with continuing education and resources to deepen your knowledge and skills as an instructor. Resources include our Ask the Expert videoconference calls, featuring talks and Q&A with experts in trauma and addiction, therapeutic yoga, and other topics important to the work Kula does.
- Exposure: Kula for Karma has an active Teacher Appreciation Page on our web site with curated photos and bios of our teachers, and links to their web sites or social pages when available, so people can connect directly with you. We also spotlight one Teacher of the Month each month, with a dedicated blog post and social media campaign.
- Events: Kula for Karma will host an annual “Attitude of Gratitude” event, free for all Kula teachers and volunteers. We also offer a limited number of discounted tickets to other Kula events, such as our annual Gala.
- Workshops: Kula for Karma invites volunteers to create, share, and present workshops for trainings and special events.
- Travel Stipend: Kula for Karma will offer a travel stipend to eligible volunteers.
- Provide proof of graduation from a Yoga Alliance-approved 200-hour or higher level yoga teacher training
- Carry your own liability insurance and add Kula for Karma as an Additional Insured
- Undergo advanced training or have equivalent experience in teaching to a specific patient/student population served by Kula for Karma
Kula for Karma Is Growing!
See Where Our Programs Are Located
Other Volunteer Opportunities
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, Kula for Karma relies on the generosity of our donors and volunteers. Beyond teaching, there are many opportunities to support Kula on a volunteer basis. To explore other volunteer opportunities, please email Penni Feiner, Executive Director, at email@example.com.