We’re thrilled to share that we’ve teamed up with our incredible affiliate studio, Powerflow Yoga, for their 2016 20 in 30 Challenge!
Here’s how it works: During the month of April, participants will pledge to complete 20 yoga classes at any Powerflow location (20 classes in 30 days). These participants can then use the challenge to raise awareness and support for Kula for Karma programs. The money they raise will help Kula to create 20 new programs for communities in need throughout the Greater New York Metro Area.
What kind of impact can they have? By raising just $25, participants can provide one month of therapeutic yoga to 1 new student. If they raise the suggested $300, they support one month of yoga for an entire class of 12 students. Every dollar raised makes a huge difference, providing therapeutic yoga to those who will greatly benefit from it, and wouldn’t be able to access it otherwise.
The 20 in 30 Challenge will take place from April 1st through April 30th, but the sign-up deadline is March 31st, so don’t miss your chance to get involved.
If you’re interested in getting on your mat in support of Kula for Karma, here's how to set up your fundraiser:
- Visit the 20 in 30 Crowdrise page
- Set up your profile by clicking the grey “Set Up Your Fundraiser” button
- In the Fundraiser Title box, type “Your Name’s 20 in 30 Challenge”Fill in the missing blanks:
- Select your fundraising goal
- Tell everyone why you are supporting Kula for Karma
- Select your tee shirt size
- Click submit
- Note: You can also add your story at a later time, so feel free to skip this step for the time being if you’d prefer.
- Fill in the remaining blanks: name, email, etc. & click submit
- You will receive a thank you email from Penni Feiner, and then you then you will be ready to go.
- Send your fundraising page to all your friends, asking them to support you!
If you're not able to participate in the challenge, but would like to support our new programs, you can do so here. Every dollar makes a substantial impact, and we’re so grateful for your support.