Affiliate Studio Program
We are proud to offer the innovative Kula for Karma Affiliate Program, available exclusively to studios.
Yoga studios that align with us are recognized leaders in the yoga community: committed to seva (good works in the community), training future instructors in the full spectrum of yogic teaching, and receiving exposure to our extensive network of dedicated yogis.
Launched in 2007, Kula for Karma is essentially a therapeutic yoga studio without walls, currently operating programs in seven states—and growing! We seek volunteer yoga instructors to offer their time and services to populations in need, including but not limited to people recovering from trauma or addiction, cancer, cardiac disease, and more. Our mission is to share therapeutic yoga, meditation and stress management practices wherever they are needed most, at no cost to the patients or students we serve.
We would like to share with you and your community a wonderful opportunity to connect with the work we do and the people whom we serve.
Community service is the hallmark of any high-quality teacher training program, and Kula for Karma offers a custom-tailored Affiliate Studio/Community Service Program for passionate yoga instructors to develop their seva. This program is exclusive for teacher trainees and the studios they are associated with. Trainees have the opportunity to shadow our current, highly trained instructors, giving them firsthand experience of what yoga for specialized populations looks like.
We fully support the trainees in observing, assisting, and eventually becoming volunteer instructors themselves. Our dedicated Kula for Karma teachers are offered advanced training, may receive CEUs, and are recognized for their commitment to selfless community service. Please contact us today to find out more or to volunteer for any of our programs!
Benefits of Being a Kula Affiliate
- Recognition as a member of a compassionate group of studios giving back to their communities.
- Your studio will be listed on the Kula for Karma web site.
- Your studio will be featured on our social networking platforms, with a combined reach of approximately 25,000 followers (e.g., Studio/Supporter of the Month).
- Your teacher trainees will have the opportunity to observe and/or adjust during a Kula for Karma therapeutic yoga class, and will have access to advanced teacher trainings and teaching opportunities.
What Are the Requirements?
- Highlight Kula for Karma as a seva (volunteer) opportunity at your studio's teacher trainings.
- Invite Kula for Karma to present to your teacher trainees.
- Highlight partnership with Kula for Karma on your studio web site (with link to Kula site) and in relevant marketing materials.
- When possible, donate studio space a minimum of once per year for a Kula for Karma event.
- When possible, conduct at least one community class per year with proceeds to be donated to Kula for Karma.
- Promote community classes on social networking channels and/or through an ad in the electronic journal at the Kula for Karma annual gala.
- Serve as a positive role model for the community; e.g., by encouraging teaching staff or qualified studio staff to teach for us.
Return the completed application to:
Ms. Loretta Turner
Kula for Karma
P.O. Box 820
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417